Thursday, September 23, 2010

Farewell For Now

Max left the day before yesterday. I have to say it was one of the hardest days of my life. I thought I would have taken it better than I did. I was a sobbing mess.
I know that Allie senses something is wrong. She has been fussy since he left, and let me tell you...she is normally not a fussy baby by any means! And coincidence or not, all day she is saying "da da da da". It breaks my heart! She is such a daddy's girl. I am thankful, though, that she is so young and she won't remember him being gone. 
Max is in Mississippi for 45 days. Then he's off to Iraq. He doesn't like it in Mississippi. He said it is like 90% humidity, and the base where they are staying is really run down because it is only in operation when soldiers come there before a deployment.
Here are some pictures from the send-off at the armory
 
Last kiss before he loaded on the bus. See you soon love.

1 comment:

  1. I love the pictures. You should do something everyday while he is gone like write in a journal or a blog post or something. It would make it go faster and he would be able to catch up on everything :)

    ReplyDelete