Thursday, November 18, 2010

New Orleans!

I finally got to see my hubby before his shipping out of the country to Kuwait. We met at Camp Shelby, Mississippi the first night. Then the next day we went to New Orleans, Louisiana! I never thought in a million years that I would get to ever go to New Orleans. Let me tell ya, it was not at all like what I thought it would be. I have never seen so many beggars in my life! We got asked so many times for money.
The city was so dirty and smelly. Bourbon street was for the most part, really gross! It reeked of urine, alcohol, and feces. It was filled with obnoxious drunk people who wanted to touch Allison. We only went down that street one time, and that was more than enough for us.
They have a trolleys that go around the city. We took the trolley probably 3 times the whole time we were there. We walked everywhere, and it was nice! A couple trolleys they had were the oldest in the U.S. or something like that. And the apartments on Bourbon Street are the oldest in the U.S. (That is what I hear, anyways)
We got to go to the Aquarium and Audubon Zoo! We also got to see the famous St. Louis Cathedral. It was nothing but BEAUTIFUL! The last day we were together in New Orleans, we were sitting in Jackson Square, a beautiful park in the front of the Cathedral, and a man was playing his guitar and singing. He was an amazing singer, and it just added to the whole experience.
The 4 days we had together flew by, and it really feels like it was just a dream. An amazing dream.
 Family Picture
 St. Louis Cathedral and Jackson Square
 The 2 Loves of my life



 Allie sitting on the frog at the aquarium
 Haha. In a tunnel in a little aquarium


 At the zoo
 I love this man more than words can say.

 Inside the cathedral
 The ceiling. So beautiful!
 Some of Allie's last moments with daddy.
 This was when that man was playing his guitar and singing so beautifully.
 These precious moments made me cry like a little baby
Isn't he just THE MOST HANDSOME man you have ever seen?!

1 comment:

  1. That is so fun that you got to see Max! Looks like you guys had a great time! Allie is getting big!

    ReplyDelete