Saturday, July 23, 2011

CNA Clinicals

I started my CNA clinicals yesterday, and I was so nervous. Practicing on other students is one thing....actually doing it on elderly people is another. My second day was today, and I was way more comfortable. I was comfortable enough to help some residents with things without having another CNA there. I am gaining more and more confidence every day. The residents I have been working with are super sweet. I am kind of sad that I will only be there for 3 more days, but I don't think I could ever work in a center for the elderly. I would grow too attached to the residents, and I know I would be so sad all the time. There has been a couple times in the last 2 days I had to tell myself not to cry. I have such a big heart, and I really care about people and their feelings. It's just so sad!! I am enjoying my clinical time though!!

1 comment:

  1. That's so awesome, Jessica. I am glad you found something that you really enjoy.

    ReplyDelete