Saturday, July 9, 2011

Sweet like sugar

Allie has got to be one of the sweetest babies. I recently taught her to rub her chest to say "I love you". She wouldn't verbally say it, so I wanted to teach her that so she could tell me she loved me whenever she wanted. Sometimes she'll rub her chest to say it, and other times if someone is holding her, she'll rub their chest.
Well yesterday was a rough day for me. And I was sitting with Allie by her toys, and she could tell I wasn't very happy. So she walked over to me and gave me a kiss, and then rubbed my chest. She did all of this without my asking(normally I would have to ask her for a kiss, and I would have to say "love" to get her to rub her or my chest)Then she gave me a hug.
Also, this last weekend we went to see my little sister, Brandi, in her group home. She has a disease that makes her almost bedridden now, blind, and she can barely talk. Well I had set Allie on her lap, and Allie reached over and rubbed her chest. This was the FIRST time she had ever done that without me saying anything to her. Talk about a tear jerker! My mom and I both cried.
Allie just melts my heart!! I am so excited for Max to come home and get to know her again. I don't think we could have asked for a sweeter baby!

1 comment:

  1. She is the sweetest baby girl! I am not surprised she told Brandi she loved her, Brandi has that effect on people. Thinking of that special moment made my eyes tear up.

    ReplyDelete